Vintage Cocktail Macarons
We could hardly wait to bring you these spirituous macarons inspired by our Vintage Summer Editorial and Vintage Cocktail recipes! Think booze infused buttercreams, cherries soaked in bitters, and more!
When Bar and Garden Dallas (a speciality liquor, wine, and plant store) opened this February, we fell in love with the interior design of the store and the people behind the magic. After several Saturday walks to pickup some of our new favorite gins, bitters, Malbecs, and sparkling rosés, we finally worked up the nerve to ask if they were interested in a macaron collab? They said yes!!! So here we have it – our first of hopefully many Bar & Garden x WE THE BIRDS Macarons collaborations.
THIS SATURDAY ONLY – you can purchase a box of exclusive cocktail macarons at Bar & Garden Dallas!
POP-UP SHOP DETAILS:
- When: This Saturday, July 15th from 12pm-3pm
- Where: Bar & Garden Dallas, 3001 Ross Ave
- What: Exclusive Bar and Garden x WE THE BIRDS cocktail macarons
6-count $20 | 12-count $36
The Old Fashioned
the OG cocktail, circa 1800s
- 2 oz. bourbon, Kings County Bourbon Whiskey (found at Bar & Garden Dallas)
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 sugar cube or 1/2 tsp fine sugar
- Splash of water
- Garnish, orange twist and cocktail cherry
Place sugar cube in old fashioned glass and saturate with bitters and a dash of water. Muddle until dissolved. Rotate the glass so the sugar bitters line the glass. Add a large ice cube and pour in the bourbon. Stir and garnish with an orange slice and cocktail cherry.
Macaron flavor notes: Orange zest shell with King's County bourbon buttercream and bitters infused cherry center. Garnished with a candied orange peel.
Blue Moon Cocktail
- 2 oz. dry gin, Reiger's Midwestern Dry Gin (found at Bar & Garden Dallas)
- 1/2 oz. Cremé Yvette (found at Bar & Garden Dallas)
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Garnish, lemon twist
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add gin, Cremé Yvette, and lemon juice. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon twist
Macaron flavor notes: Blackberry raspberry shell with honey, Cremé Yvette, and gin infused buttercream and lemon curd center. Garnished with a candied lemon peel.
Tiki Jungle Bird Punch
- 2 oz. rum, Caña Brava Rum (found at Bar & Garden Dallas)
- 1/2 oz. campari
- 1/2 oz. pineapple ginger turmeric shrub, Nostrum Shrub (found at Bar & Garden Dallas)
- 3/4 oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 oz. simple syrup
- Splash of club soda
Shake first 5 ingredients with ice. Strain over ice in a tall tiki glass and top with club soda. Garnish with a pineapple slice and lime wedge.
Macaron flavor notes: Pineapple shell with pineapple ginger turmeric shrub buttercream. Garnished with a candied lime peel.